Since 1996, the Toyo Ink Group has had in place an ‘Environmental Charter’ that commits the Group to the international principle of sustainable development and strict adherence to environmental laws.
As a result, all Toyo Ink Group companies seek to improve their operations with respect to energy and resource conservation and have increased their efforts to meet the expectations of society both directly and through service to all customers. All members of the Toyo Ink Group are guided by the policies set out in its Environmental Charter. Consideration of the Environmental Charter has been made in the drafting of this Environmental Policy.
As a member of Toyo Ink Group, Toyo Ink Australia promotes and maintains an Environmental Management System (EMS) to ensure the impact of our manufacturing and business operations upon the environment is reduced as much as possible.
In accordance with this undertaking, the EMS requires:
- Top management to provide training, direction and encouragement for all employees to support the EMS
- Compliance with all environmental legislation including local regulatory controls, and relevant industry standards and codes of practice
- Adherence to environmental requirements of our customers
- The development of operating procedures to ensure our activities are environmentally sound and to conserve resources and energy
- The prevention of pollution when undertaking company activities
- Reduction of waste observing the hierarchy - avoid, reduce, re-use and recycle
- Consideration of the effect to the environment when delivering product and services to the market
- Information is to be made available to all stakeholders about our products’ safe handling, and waste disposal
Continual improvement of environmental performance is being made through regular review of its activities with respect to performance environmental aspects, objectives and targets. This management system is developed and maintained in accordance with the requirements of Australian Standard AS/NZS ISO 14001:2004.